This year has been excited and nothing short of a learning experience. I am blessed to know that I had more great moments than bad ones. I am grateful to say I touched many people through various ways, including with Amazon best selling book, The Black Sheep Shadow.
As I learned to celebrate milestones and small accomplishments (that's what makes a mission complete, right?), I begin to see the famous "bucket list" in a different light.
Normally, people scratch things OFF their bucket list rather than place them ON their bucket list.
If you are crossing the activity off, isn't that a task? Should you place the exciting activity ON your list, it's more exciting and it becomes a valuable memory.
In 2016, I had a few things on my bucket list I didn't think were going to make a difference in who I am or change my life. With God's grace and favor, everything on my "bucket list" has made me a stronger and victorious over many trials and insecurities.
I believe that is the meaning of a "bucket list" - to embrace all of life, regardless if it hurts or feels pleasurable.
Below is my "bucket list" for 2016. It's composed of first-time activities, inspirational quotes, (a few hot bars!) and general thoughts, I feel, should be incorporated more into our everyday life and meditation. Do you have one? Comment and post yours below!
1. Gained true faith.
2. Gained courage.
3. Moving to follow my dream of establishing Stella Bistro Foods.
4. Created a GENUINE brand, BSC & Co.
5. "He ran like his name is Errands."
6. "Waiting on the other side of this test, Your destiny. On the other side, temptation."
7. "You can't play the game well because I know it."
8. "You play with fire, you might get burnt."
9. Publishing my memoir, The Black Sheep Shadow.
10. Writing a best seller.
11. "A good measure of a man is what he does with power."
12. "Get what you want not what is chosen."
13. "The things that are meant to break you are designed to mold you. Don't sweat the technique. Embrace it."
14. "IF YOU EVER GET LOST, YOU CAN ALWAYS BE FOUND."
15. "I slept in last night's clothes, but woke up with tomorrow's dreams."
16. "You must let go of the life you planned to see the life that is waiting." - Joseph Campbell
17. "There is someone in a garage willing to eat your lunch right now!" -Owner of Atom Factory
18. The true definition of grind is when you are down to your passion and faith.
19. A little faith goes a long way.
20. Rising with Rockefellers.
21. "Light up til the pain is gone." Speaking of which .....
22. Entering the Quaker Oats Cereal Sweepstakes and making it through a grueling 46 week competition!
23. Receiving a call for auditioning for Beat Bobby Flay in Charlotte, NC.
24. Going on tour for The Black Sheep Shadow - all year!
25. "We can easily forgive a child whose afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato
26. Life is not a paragraph, and death is no parenthesis....
27. IT'S HARD TO BE A WOMAN WITH VISION (at times)....
28. The most damaged people are the wisest.....
29. Find faith in God because the real world hurts.
30. "New levels being new devils." -Joyce Meyer
31. A new identity releases a new destiny.
32. Face FORWARD.
33. Everything changes when you say it aloud.
34. These aren't my streets, but damages from my eyes can't hide....
35. People don't know how much you hold BACK until you let GO....
36. We must grow up to the idea we outgrow people. #TheBlackSheepShadow
37. What's the point in enjoying the rife if you speed race? #TheBlackSheepShadow
38. What's the use of risking it all if you know you'll keep everything? #TheBlackSheepShadow
39. Don't hold on to forever to keep from slipping too deep. #TheBlackSheepShadow
40. Let go of everything and you'll have bliss. #TheBlackSheepShadow
41. Am I living life or is life living through me? #TheBlackSheepShadow
42. Proverbs 16:3. #TheBlackSheepShadow
43. We only hang on to let go. #TheBlackSheepShadow
44. Sometimes we are prepared for adversity.
45. Becoming an advocate for light.
46. "You can't play with fire if you can't afford the matches."
47. Touring and visiting the devil's playground - Las Vegas.
48. Going to the valley to retrieve a wolf in sheep's clothing.
49. Being blinded to the WOLF robbing me.
50. Standing up to the WOLF.
51. There's a difference between portraying to be a woman and playing to be a woman.
52. Prayer + work = possibilities
53. Seeing the mountains.
54. "If you save everybody in one day, there won't be anything or anyone to fix." -God
55. Switched to lactose free milk. Saved me thousands on toilet paper!
56. Shop at Whole Foods - yes, the prices are serious.
57. Took a "vacation" to where I deserved.
58. Booked my own plane tickets.
59. Trimmed my split ends.
60. Cried. A lot.
61. Willingly quit my job back home before moving.
62. Independently moved - to NC and through NC.
63. Still ..... no babies. Let's keep it that way.
64. Stand up for what's right.
65. Became more comfortable with myself.
66. Sixty pound weight loss.
67. I will show ANYONE my happy dance.
68. "I don't have time to take a picture and send it to you of my head especially when I'm not getting any." -Me
69. Shopped at Lowe's Foods - this place is awesome!
70. Shopped at The Fresh Market - this place is heaven too!
71. Stood up to my boss - and kept my job.
72. Gained over standing on the basics of juggling have a career and a personal life.
73. Do memories really fade away OR is it regret?
74. "Become very conscious of every choice you make today so you can begin to make smarter choices moving forward." -God
75. "You cannot change direction if you aren't aware that you're not headed where you want to go." -God
76. Nearly all successes are the fruit of initiative.
77. "There are two great days in a person's life- the day we were born and the day we discover why." -William Barclay
78. "Fear is the way we die." -Me
79. "Nobody ever got ready by waiting. You only get ready by starting." -Me
80. "We tend to get in life what we are willing to tolerate." -Me
81. "A minute of thought is worth more than an hour of talk." -Me
82. "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is to discover them. That takes investigation." -Galileo
83. "Continual growth from experiences is only possible when we discover insight and truths within them." -Me
84. Hailed my first cab on the Las Vegas strip!
85. "I use to wear my rage because of formality, not reason." -Me
86. I wear spiritual warfare well.
87. The Devil plots against you while God plans good for you. KNOW YOUR MASTER!
88. "Walk with wounded eyes for they hold no judgment." -Me
89. "A grown child that has an adult responsibility will cringe, though if he sees food, he has eyes fixated on your feast." - a diplomatic conversation with God over red wine
90. Discovering my own level of endurance.
91. I found love in a hopeless place.
92. The true meaning of love isn't by keep score of who does the most, but how many times you both fall together and get up - holding hands.
93. Created an extensive brand to breath life in betterment for others.
The spiritual growth I endured and discovered this year has been astounding. I've seen more land than the history books tried to convince me. I loved past pain others would've allowed them to become enraged.
I called out to God more.
I prayed more.
Doing so, I grew so much in 2016.
I couldn't be more excited to see what the year 2017 will bring my extended family, health, business and personal life.
I hope your bucket list shows you how much you have grown, internally and externally.
Remember, if it didn't help you progress, digress and leave it in 2016.